Directions to Cambridge, and to Trinity College: http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=43
Trinity College plan
- All conference presentations will take place in the Winstanley Lecture Hall in Trinity College
Blue Boar Court, which can be reached from Trinity Street (opposite Trinity Great Gate).
- Directions to the Winstanley Lecture Hall:
- All refreshments will be served in the Blue Boar Common Room outside the
Winstanley Lecture Hall.
- On Monday 13 July conference registration will be open 8:30 - 10:05 am in the Blue Boar Common Room
outside the Winstanley Lecture Hall.
- On Monday 13 July 10:30 am - 4:30 pm the LFG09 conference office
will be in The Old College Office inside Trinity Great Gate,
opposite the entrance to the Porters' Lodge.
- On Tue 14 July, Wed 15 July, and Thu 16 July
registration will be available from conference helpers during refreshment breaks in
the Blue Boar Common Room.
Lunch on Monday 13 July
- Trinity Old Kitchens, opposite the dining Hall.
- (For lunches on Tue, Wed, and Thu - see 'Outside Trinity' below.)
Speed Paper session
- Speed Paper presentations will take place in the Winstanley Lecture Hall 4:30 - 5:00 pm. The
presentations will be given one after another without discussion.
- From 5:00 - 6:00 pm, all participants will
have an opportunity to discuss the papers with the presenters over drinks and nibbles
served in the area outside the Lecture Hall.
Poster and system demonstration session
- This session will be held in the area outside the Winstanley Lecture Hall and
in the adjacent Blue Boar Common Room.
- On Thursday 16 July, from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, luggage can be stored in The Old College Office
inside Trinity Great Gate, opposite the entrance to the Porters' Lodge.
Jump to top of page
Lunches on Tue, Wed, and Thu
- The Vaults Restaurant, in the cellars of 14a Trinity Street.
CUP wine reception
- The Cambridge University Press Bookshop, 1 Trinity Street.
LFG09 Conference Dinner
- The Old Hall, Queens' College (Silver Street).
Printable (pdf) maps of LFG09 locations
Jump to top of page
- The Winstanley Lecture Hall is a fully-equipped audio-visual theatre,
with seating for up to 150 people.
- There will be a conference PC laptop (running MS Windows and Office) which
can be used for all presentations, so you can bring your Powerpoint slides on a
USB memory stick. Or you can bring your own laptop to connect it to the AV system.
- If you are a Mac user and wish to use your own laptop, please bring your own
'dongle' (the short converter cable needed for screen output) in case we don't have
one that is compatible with your machine.
- Whether bringing your presentation on a USB stick or on your own laptop, please
make sure that you test it in advance of your presentation. There will be two
student volunteers who have agreed to help the presenters with this.